I am now 4 days into the 21 day fix (only 17 left!) but I’m honestly hoping to make this more of a lifestyle change than a 21 day change. You can read about my initial impressions here. Today was a hard day for my husband and me on the Fix, so I wanted to update on how it’s going.
1. The planning food is getting easier. I don’t always eat the same foods at every meal and snack, but the way I divide them out is the same to make it easier for me to remember. Here’s how I divide it out:
Breakfast: red, purple, yellow
Snack: purple, 2 spoons
Lunch: red, green
Snack: green, blue
Dinner: red, yellow, green, orange
You don’t need to divide your foods out this way, you can eat three large meals if you want. Eating 6 smaller meals works well for me.
2. I have “cheated” twice – birthday cakes for my Dad’s birthday and a cupcake on his actual birthday.
3. Today was another cold, rainy day and I really wanted to eat out of boredom. I also wanted a “bad” coffee – like a latte or Frappuccino.
4. The workouts are killing me. I’m doing the 21 Day Fix workouts with my 3 Zumba classes I teach and 2 Kettlebell classes I take. Today I really didn’t have much energy left for the Cardio Fix. But, I did the 10 minute abs to try and make up for my cupcake.
5. I have a few samples of Shakeology from a Beachbody coach so I’m trying it. I do like it better than my regular protein powder, but I’m not sure I love it enough to pay that price.
6. I am seeing results on the scale and with my clothes. It’s a great motivator to know it’s already working.
Tomorrow my husband and I go back to work (we’ve been on vacation the past few days) so I have to put this planning into action. I packed up my lunch and snacks already and am hoping I can stick to it when at work.
Are you doing the 21 Day Fix? How is it going?